Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Training Day

Today was the first day of training, and I'm already worn out! We sat and listened to all our benefit options and then had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, which isn't that bad, unless you have to get up really early like we did. There were definitely a few times when some of us were having trouble keeping our eyes open :) I finally met my trainer, Juergen, and I think I'm going to enjoy working with him. He's very nice and seems to know a TON about MWR and the people in it, so it should be a true pleasure to work with him and learn from him. There are 10 trainees in the program and everyone seems to be nice. There are 5 of us that are staying state-side and 5 of us that will be going to Germany. I've made friends with a few and I think we're going to go into DC to do some tourist things this weekend (the Smithsonian, some of the national monuments, etc.), so we should have a good time. Alright, I'm tired, so this is the end of this post. Good night!

1 comment:

Melody said...

juergen...lol! Classic european name :P Sounds like you are having fun buddy!! MISS YOU!!!