Sunday, November 16, 2008

Long needed updates

Good evening :) I finally got internet at my apartment, so I'm finally updating my blog (sorry for the huge lag time). Here are some pics of my trip to Baltimore for NRPA: http://flickr.com/photos/29860485@N03/sets/72157608986057342/show/. And some pics of my apartment: http://flickr.com/photos/29860485@N03/sets/72157608989879358/show/.

My time in the states was really great. I met some amazing people, learned a TON, and got to do a little shopping :) I'm headed back at the end of Nov for another conference and training, which is in San Antonio, so I'll get to see my family and friends and have an early Christmas (yippee!!).

It's officially winter here in Germany (well, maybe late fall). The time has changed, the leaves are off the trees, and it's definitely cooled off. I can't wait to see what Christmas will hold for me, since this will be the first year I'm away from my family. I plan on going to a few Christmas markets in the area (and possibly one in Berlin), so that should be plenty fun, plus I might even go skiing the weekend before Christmas (wahoo!!). All-in-all, it should be interesting this year.

My truck should be arriving next week, which means that I'll have real transportation (no more waiting for the bus in the cold) and will get to do some shopping for my apartment. Right now the apt is pretty bare, but I'm trying to remedy that ASAP. My christmas present to myself is a couch this year, and I'll probably get some storage/cabinets and a desk before that. Ahhh...I can't wait until it's all comfy cozy :)

1 comment:

a real novel concept... said...

I LOVE it! I am so jealous now! Soon I will pack my bags to visit...very soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!