Friday, August 29, 2008

3rd week....

Well, it's my third week here...and I still love it :) Work is going well (although I'm a little tired of online classes right now...can't wait to get back to REAL work). I have one major thing to do this weekend...find a place to live. I in-processed with a lot of soldiers that were coming back from deployment, so we're all looking for a place to live at the same time (which means apts are going FAST). The newspaper should put out all the new posts tomorrow, so I'm going to try and check some of those out (hopefully they speak a little english). I could also go through an agency/realtor, but that requires a little more money. They usually want 2 months for themselves, plus there's the usual 2 months rent for security deposit (equals 4 months of rent that I have to come up with...my LQA doesn't cover security deposit OR an fees for a broker). Soooo....we'll see what happens. I just know I'm tired of living out of a hotel. Plus, I'm probably going stateside at the end of Sept for 3 weeks (trainings and a conference), so I DEFINITELY need to have something in place before I leave. While I'm gone the transportation office can deliver my stuff, so when I get back I can unpack and settle in (yippee!!!). Alright, it's time for bed, so I'll try and write more later. Good night!

No comments: