Okay, I think I'm in love...with Germany! Everything here is so green and open and everyone is really nice. The temperature is great and there seems to be just the right amount of breeze in the air (nothing too hard, but just enough to keep the air flowing). The food is absolutely AMAZING (I think I had one of the best dinners I've had in awhile tonight at a beergarden) and the beer is definitely worth spending money on. There was a little gathering tonight with all the trainers, trainees, some other MWR people, and some of the previous Management Trainees (we're going to buddy w/ some of them, so that should be pretty cool). After the dinner we walked around Heidelburg taking in some of the sights, sounds, and smells (and burning off a little of the chocolate mousse we ate :) ). The environment is unlike anything I've experienced in the U.S. and I'm ready to get to Bamberg and start training/learning and traveling. Alright, the jet lag has definitely caught up with me, so I'm off to bed. Good night!
2 comments:
So, your are off and running to your new job and life abroad. Everyone here is so excited for you. Oh, talked w/Aunt Norma last nights and she says you need to send lots of pictures that can be printed or downloaded (I think she is just as proud as we are of your accomplishments). Can't wait to talk w/you and hear from you. M O M
YAY!! I'm glad that your first day was as fab as you described it! I'm sorry i missed your call :( i was sad when i saw that i missed it...i even kept the voicemail just incase i missed your voice :P Sorry..that was probably kinda creepy, but you know me..hehehe! Well, I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about your German times!!! MISS YOU!
Post a Comment